The Only Membership Site Platform You Need
Our easy-to-use, fully-branded membership site platform, provides you with all of the tools required to build a thriving online community across Web, iOS and Android.
Grow revenue by selling member subscription and in-app purchases.
Skyrocket member engagement with live streaming and push notifications.
Bring your community together in a safe space that you own and control.
Disciple: The Best Membership Site Platform
- Private messaging – Disciple makes sending private messages as easy as 1-2-3. Even Facebook with its trillion pound market cap doesn’t have a built-in way for you to send a private message if you’re using a smartphone. Disciple does.
- Moderation tools – Every community needs moderation. What communities don’t need is faceless executives reaching inside the walls of the community and imposing their corporate agenda on members. With Disciple, moderation control is in your hands.
- Push notifications – Push notifications enable you to keep everyone up-to-date with community news and developments, alert members to comment replies, inform as many or as few users as you want about various happenings and much more.
- Groups – Disciple allows you to create subgroups within your community based on common interests, location, or any one of a number of different variables. This is a great way to strengthen ties between community members.
- Crystal clear live streams – Ever view a livestream on Zoom or Facebook? Not great. Disciple offers some of the highest quality live streaming you’ll find in any membership community platform.
Other features include polls, #hashtags, threaded comments, activity feeds, subscriptions, member profiles and much, much more.
A Wealth of Monetisation Options
Another way Disciple stands head and shoulders above the competition is in its monetisation options. This is a company that understands running an online community can be costly and provides you with a plethora of ways to tastefully monetise that community to ensure its long-term health. Those monetisation options include:
- Subscriptions – With Disciple, you can offer free, freemium and premium membership levels depending on what you deem appropriate.
- Paid app download – Some community leaders who think paid subscriptions aren’t quite right for their particular community instead charge a modest, one-time fee to download the app.
- In-app purchases – Online courses, digital downloads, e-books, physical products, exclusive live streaming events and more are all available with Disciple.
- Sponsorships & advertising – Sponsorship deals are a great way to monetise all or part of your community. The type and number of adverts is also entirely up to you.
Where huge social media companies impose ever more restrictions on monetisation, Disciple is always looking for more and better ways to help ensure the financial health of your community.
Get the Most Out of Your Community Platform
Get the Most Out of Your Community Platform
Your own-branded community platform
Make your community more accessible than ever before with a fully-branded online community platform. Simply select the features and branding that suit your needs and in a few easy steps, you'll be able to launch, grow and monetise your community.
Publish your content and manage your members with a powerful community management hub. Your community. Your rules.
We take care of the technology, so you can focus on the success of your community
We built our public API, so you can integrate your community with existing tools.
We regularly update the platform with new features and keep an eye on App Store guidelines, so you don’t have to.
We provide a secure, GDPR compliant platform where you own and control your data.
Disciple community platforms are very powerful. My members love it.
Madeleine Shaw - Business Owner
Start growing, engaging and monetising your community
Branding & customisation
Unlimited groups and topics
Content Library & Media Gallery
Friends & Messaging
All the features of Web
Exposure to millions of users in Apple and Google app stores
Dedicated Community Success Manager
Priority customer support
*Plus VAT for customers in the UK and non-business customers in the EU
"Fantastic app platform has brought our community to life." - Action for Happiness
Disciple community apps in app stores.
Rated 4.64 out of 5. Based on 14,508 iOS and Android app reviews received between 30 June 2014 and 6 November 2018.
"Outstanding Product and Exceptional Customer Experience!" - Her Spirit
Frequently asked questions
What is a Membership Website?
What do we mean by “membership website”? In a nutshell, a membership site is one that provides a safe online space where people with similar beliefs, interests, or concerns can come together and share their experience, ideas, or love of a particular brand, band, or movement.
Your membership site doesn't have to fit into any particular category. It can be about whatever you want. Just keep in mind that you'll need to have a pretty good idea of what that is before you start looking for the membership site platform to create it.
Why are Membership Site Platforms in High Demand?
Online community leaders have become increasingly disenchanted with the way they are exploited and restricted, and the way their data is often misused, by social media giants. As a result, more and more are looking into creating their own membership site, but they’re concerned that doing so is either too complicated, or too expensive, or both.
Those were legitimate concerns in 2010, maybe even 2015. But today there are a number of membership website software packages available that are both easy to use and remarkably affordable.
The bottom line is that you no longer have to hire a developer and pay them £50,000 or even £100,000 or more to create a membership site from scratch. The architecture has already been built by these various companies and all you have to do is pick the right one for you, customise it and populate it.
What Do the Best Membership Sites Have in Common?
An increasing number of online community leaders have been put off by the growing tendency of Facebook and other social media giants to reach into their communities and impose their corporate values. Many are also appalled by both the misuse of member’s data and the lack of security surrounding that data. It is this desire to find a better way that has driven the development of many of today’s best membership site alternatives. Here are some of the reasons these new membership sites succeed.
- The best membership sites respect their members, have clear rules regarding what’s acceptable and what is not, and leave moderating of user content in the hands of community leaders, not anonymous corporate executives.
- The best membership sites promote and bolster engagement among community members in more ways than are possible with something like a Facebook social media community, including polls, direct messaging and more.
- The best membership sites prioritise the user experience, offer user-friendly navigation, can be easily customised, and are mobile-friendly to accommodate the contemporary user.
- Among other things, the best membership sites offer exclusive content, digital downloads, and a variety of membership levels while protecting sensitive user data.
Why Choose Disciple?
Disciple Media is the hands-down winner when it comes to enabling the creation of vibrant, secure online communities. Whatever type of community you're looking to create you can do so with Disciple. The Disciple feature set is unrivalled in the industry, video streaming quality cannot be beaten, and users have myriad ways to customise their experience without compromising your branding efforts.
Disciple satisfies all the criteria for creating a sustainable online community:
- It puts control back in the hands of community leaders where it belongs and allows them to set and enforce the rules as they see fit.
- It allows community leaders to bolster engagement through the aforementioned features including polls, direct messaging, #hashtags, threaded comments and more.
- It offers user-friendly navigation and is mobile-friendly in every sense of the word.
- It provides rock-solid security to prevent user data from being misused.
- It’s more affordable than most of the competition.
- And it provides an array of convenient, effective monetisation options that enable you to accept online payments and ensure the long-term viability of your community.
With all those things and more going for it, Disciple is the clear choice for the best membership site platform. If you are planning to create a new online community or to migrate your Facebook group to a more agreeable platform, you owe it to yourself to talk to the team at Disciple.
Learn more about membership site platforms
The easy guide to building a membership site for your brand
If your business has customers, you already have the beginnings of a community. That’s when it’s time to start thinking about building a membership site that provides a VIP community-driven experience for your fans. Wondering how to get started? Here’s how to build a membership site that turns customers into brand advocates.
How to choose the right membership site software provider
Membership site software helps you to manage your community and benefit from the passion economy. This article explores what to look for in membership site software and apps, as well as discussing the powerful alternative offered by community platforms.
An ultimate guide to choosing a membership platform
More than ever, brands are defined by their communities. Gatherings of passionate fans are far more effective marketing than any form of paid advertising. But while fans often form their own communities as well, many niche brands also create their own membership platforms to build and nurture their communities and increase sales.