Disciple is a fast growing company that is gaining traction with a wide spectrum of customers.
We are now expanding the design team and looking for an experienced UX designer to rapidly improve the usability of its product, a self-serve community software platform that allows anyone to build their own social space and have total control of their community’s data and their content’s reach.
The role will focus on addressing pain points in the current user flow for Disciple community members. We’re a small team, so you’ll need to be ready to proactively champion every stage of the UX research and design process, from discovery to validation and hi-fidelity designs. Thinking up efficient ways to gain customer insights and
This is an exciting and demanding role that requires strong organisation and communication skills, focus, energy and passion for what we do and believe in. You absolutely believe in the power of software products to improve our world and keep up to date with new trends, news and ways of creating the best possible product.
You’ll report to our: Head of Design
You will be responsible for:
- Designing unique, captivating user stories for Disciple community members
- Workshopping with the wider team to get to lo-fidelity solutions ready for prototyping
- Exploring our customers’ needs and carrying out empathy mapping
- Prototyping and validating your ideas
- Evangelising a fail-fast company ethos
- Substantiating your proposal for the most intuitive, engaging user flows
- Presenting your investigations, findings and your proposed new journeys to the wider team
- Working seamlessly with the Design team, the Product team and the Tech team
- Helping to develop and maintain Disciple’s design system
- Creating hi-fi designs ready for our dedicated development team
You’ll love this role if you:
- Relish the opportunity to make a big impact on a product with heaps of potential
- Thrive in the ever-changing (and slightly chaotic!) world of a fast growing startup
- Deeply care about building wonderful products that solve problems
- Have a built-in drive to execute, get things done, and make things happen
- Are excited by technological and societal innovation
- Feel a natural sense of urgency to get things done
- Have a brain full of ideas
- You are hungry to learn, develop and constantly improve your skills
People we’ll love have:
- 5+ years experience in UX design and/or consulting
- An incredible portfolio showing every step of the process they’ve taken in projects they’re proud of
- Experience designing SaaS products
- Experience designing web-based and native platforms
- Experience being a UX evangelist/design culture leader
In return we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary.
- A regularly stocked beer fridge, breakfast bar and fruit bowl.
- Fun and friendly working environment in an open plan office.
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture.
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers.
- The chance to build a new category of business.
*Only applications with a portfolio/link to portfolio attached will be considered