Disciple empowers brands and creators to build independent communities of true value. We are capitalising on the global trend for citizens, brands and creators to engage in single interest, passion communities alongside social media. This shift is being driven by the online world’s move from an attention economy to a passion economy.
Disciple is a platform for building and managing online, branded networks and communities. All our customers have one thing in common – a shared passion and a desire to nurture their community on a social platform they define and they control.
We currently have over 500 native apps live in the Apple & Google Play app stores, as well as a web client. Our apps are white label (they all run the same code) and configured to the requirements of our customers.
Disciple is looking for a highly motivated Android developer who will quickly become a key part of the engineering team.
You will be part of a team of 2 Android developers, which forms part of the larger engineering team of 2 front-end developers, 2 iOS developers, 3 QAs, 3 infrastructure engineers.
The ideal candidate is collaborative, hands-on, passionate and holds a wide variety of skills and interests.
You’ll report to our: CTO
You’ll love this role if you love:
- High impact in a growing business
- Solving problems
People we’ll love have:
- A minimum of 3 years of development experience with Kotlin
- Experience with Play Services, Anko, Retrofit, RxJava/RxAndroid
- Experience using web APIs and media like photos and videos.
- In depth experience in test automation
- A yearning to keep abreast of new technology and development best practice
- Ability to communicate ideas across a distributed team
- Agile working environment experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and confidence working in a fast-paced environment
In return we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Fun and friendly working environment
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture
- The chance to work with a diverse set of customers
- The chance to build a new category of business